Apply Now | Schedule a Visit | Request More Information
(Bachelor of Arts Degree)
As a Midland History major, you will explore various political, social, and cultural frameworks that encompass the events of United States, European, and non-Western history. Students examine the nature of historical developments within core history courses while developing their own interests by selecting from several elective support courses. A full and compressed History major is available, and because the compressed only requires 30 credit hours in history, it also provides an excellent opportunity for students to double-major or take a diverse range of electives. Both majors and endorsements include coursework in American and world history.
A Midland History Major:
- Engages in historical inquiry, research, and analysis;
- Crafts historical narrative and argument;
- Identiﬁes the complex nature of the historical record;
- Applies historical thinking as central to engaged citizenship;
- Develops written and oral communication skills to succeed in graduate study and professional careers.
7-12 History Education Endorsement
A 7-12 History Education endorsement is available for students majoring in Education who wish to pursue a career in history education.
Midland University’s History major prepares students with the tools to succeed in a wide range of careers. A few popular History major careers include:
- High school history teacher
- College or university history professor
- Government historian
- Historical consultant
- Political advisor
- Museum curator
A full list of Midland University courses and credit information can be found in the Academic Catalog.View the Academic Catalog
Office: Anderson 411
Office: Anderson 408