Midland University Counseling Services Mission Statement
The Midland University Counseling Center’s mission is to provide a supportive environment where students are encouraged to express and explore issues impacting their educational experience and collaboratively specify goals that will improve their well-being. Student Counseling offers free, confidential, short-term mental health treatment with referrals to community agencies for long-term mental health treatment.
Counseling discussions between the student and counselor are kept confidential and will not be revealed to anyone unless the student gives written authorization to release information. There are four exceptions to confidentiality:
- In the event of clear and present danger to self or others.
- In the event of child abuse or abuse of a dependent adult.
- In the event of a court order.
- In the event of appropriate inter-departmental collaboration.
- www.ulifeline.org: Resource for college mental health/self evaluator
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Crisis Text Hotline: Text START to 741-741
- The BRIDGE 24-Hour Emergency Hotline: 1-888-721-4340
Leaha Hammer LMHP Director of Student Counseling
Olson Student Center 3rd Floor
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm