About Midland University
Our mission is to inspire people to learn and lead in the world with purpose. Founded in 1883, Midland University is a liberal arts college providing relevant opportunities in more than 30 academic areas, four graduate programs, and a variety of professional studies programs to students at both their Fremont and Omaha locations. Recently recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as the 9th fastest-growing private, nonprofit baccalaureate institution in the country, Midland takes a modern approach to liberal arts education. Our innovative approach of working from the marketplace back provides students with the relevant skills to lead in the world with purpose.
Midland University’s Growing Campus
Midland University is one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing colleges. With Nebraska’s largest athletic department, hundreds of opportunities in the performing arts, and a cozy campus where you can learn and live, it’s no wonder more students are calling Midland home than ever.
Midland University students gain personal attention from their advisors and hands-on experience in their major, not to mention the edge in career and graduate school placement. Midland promotes excellence through more than 30 majors and pre-professional programs and has a reputation as a leader in education, business, nursing, and medical sciences, and human performance.
Graduate in Four Years – Guaranteed
The Midland 4-Year Graduation Guarantee ensures students meeting basic requirements will graduate within four years. If you don’t graduate in our four-year plan, we will pay 100% of your tuition until you do. How do we do it? Our innovative Center for the 4-Year Graduation Guaranteed has an entire team of professional advisors dedicated to helping you succeed.
Core Institutional Values
Midland University is a liberal arts college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We hold the following core values to be the foundation of our identity as a community.
- Faith – We believe as a college of the Lutheran tradition that faith and learning are inexorably linked. We believe that the exploration of faith and religion is an essential human endeavor.
- Quality – We believe in upholding exacting standards of quality and accountability. We believe in a learning experience where excellence in all things is valued and expected by all our constituents – our faculty, staff, students, alumni, trustees, and friends.
- Respect – We believe in the sanctity of the individual in a mutually supportive community of a small college. Therefore, we believe in a focus on each person as an individual with inherent worth.
- Stewardship – We believe we are called to educate morally and ethically responsible citizens of a pluralistic society. In this endeavor, we are guided by the ideas of service, integrity, and mutual respect.
- Learning – We believe that learning is best based on open inquiry and the liberal arts. We believe that an appreciation of the empirical, theoretical and aesthetic forms of knowledge is critical to the development of citizens who can respond to an ever-changing world.
Warriors Are Active and Involved
We don’t want you to give up on your dreams after high school. In fact, we want you to learn through the things that you love. At Midland, you can continue to play sports, stand out on stage, excel in the classroom, and reach your full potential through your passion.
Midland is Student Centric
You are more than a number at Midland University. With a 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, professors who know you by name, and professional advisors who care, you are the focus at Midland. The average classroom size is 20, so our professors can concentrate on hands-on, one-on-one learning.
We Love Our Tight-Knit Community
With 60 percent of students residing on campus, Midland students learn and live in an active, cozy campus community. The campus offers a small college feel where you can build lifelong relationships.