Site Search

Dual Enrollment + High School Scholar Program

Welcome to Dual Enrollment + the High School Scholar Program at Midland University! 

It is our pleasure to welcome you to learn with us in these specialized programs. During your time as a Dual Enrollment or High School Scholar student, our hope is that you begin to understand the opportunities available to you as a future full-time Midland University Warrior. 

The combination of Dual Enrollment (DE) and High School Scholar (HSS) programs at Midland mean that students enrolled in certain AP courses through their high school will have the opportunity to earn college credit for their course at Midland University. 

High School Scholars are junior or senior students from approved high schools that take courses on Midland’s campus taught by Midland faculty. Students that are enrolled through Midland with dual enrollment are still allowed to take the AP exam; however, it is not a requirement for Midland University. 

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Midland Warrior, we invite all DE and HSS students to campus for a full campus visit. During this time you will connect deeper with campus, learn about our engaging educational opportunities, meet current students, learn about your intended major from a faculty member, or explore your academic options. You may register for a campus visit here. 

Welcome to the Warrior family! Orange and Blue, go MU!

Application Process

Students need to complete the signature form by the application due date. Parents will need to complete the signature form by the application due date. Schools will need to approve the student’s enrollment to Midland University.

Apply Here
Application Instructions

Click the button below for instructions on completing the Dual Enrollment application.

Dual Enrollment Application Instructions
  • December 1, 2021 – Dual Enrollment Application with Parent/Guardian Approval Form Open
  • January 20, 2022 – Dual Enrollment + Parent/Guardian Approval From Due
  • January 24, 2022 – Dual Enrollment Rosters Approved by School Coordinators
  • January 25-28, 2022 – Students Enrolled at Midland University!
  • March 23, 2022 – Dual Enrollment Bills Due
Cost + Billing

Midland University’s dual enrollment and high school scholar courses have a cost of $250 per course. Bills can be paid with a card or bank account online or check/cash to the billing office. 

Students can pay their bills three ways:

Online with a credit/debit/checking account through the Slate application portal – Visit the online payment page at to complete your payment.

Mailed check to Midland University – Please include the student’s name in the memo line. Mailing Address: Midland University, 900 N. Clarkson St., Fremont, NE 68025.

Cash or check in person to Midland University – The Billing Office is located on the second floor of the Anderson building, 900 N. Clarkson St., Fremont, NE.


Transcripts can be requested online at Official transcripts will be processed through the National Clearinghouse and are sent electronically for $8.75 per copy. Additional questions about transcripts can be addressed to the registrar at

Are there scholarships available to cover the cost of the course?

There is the ACE scholarship which is available through the state of Nebraska. Qualifying students should reach out to their school’s dual enrollment coordinator to find out more information.

What if my parent does not provide their signature in time?

Unfortunately, if we do not receive the parent signature by the application deadline, we will be unable to allow you to participate in dual enrollment or high school scholars through Midland University.

Will these courses transfer to a different school?

If you are interested in knowing whether or not your class will transfer to your chosen institution please use or reach out to that institution.

How do I know if I have been approved for DE or HSS?

Students that are accepted and approved will receive an email as well as a letter in the mail certifying that they have been accepted and will be enrolled at Midland University.

What if I can’t pay my bill on time?

Students who do not pay their bill by the deadline will continue to receive monthly bills until it is paid and may not be able to receive an official transcript from Midland University if requested with an ongoing balance.

Can I get my transcript if I haven’t paid my bill?

No, all students will need to have a $0 balance before they will be able to receive or have an official transcript sent

How do I see my current grades?

Current students can find out their grades for their dual enrollment course through their high school teacher for dual enrollment students and high school scholars can talk with their Midland University instructors. Previous students can find their grades and Midland GPA by requesting an unofficial transcript from Midland University.

What happens if I can’t pay my bill?

If you cannot pay your bill you will not be able to request a transcript which may prevent delays for acceptance or enrollment at other institutions.

How can I get involved on campus?

We welcome all dual enrollment students to attend schedule an official campus visit on our website as well as attending sporting events and performing arts events throughout the school year.

To learn more contact us at or 402-941-6503.

I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.