Site Search

Military-Connected Students

Military-Connected Students

Midland University is committed to supporting all of our military and veteran-affiliated students in furthering their education.

In addition to competitive scholarships for veterans and active military personnel, we will also help guide you through the admissions process.

Ready to join the Warrior family? Follow these steps to get started today.

1.  Submit your application for admission.

2.  Request and send an official copy of your military transcripts to the Midland University Registrar’s Office, if applicable. 

3.  Submit an Immunization Waiver and a copy of your military identification card (CAC):

  • If you have completed basic training and are living off-campus, you have fulfilled the immunization requirement.
  • Basic training proves one MMR. Military personnel can provide proof of a second MMR or request a waiver under the “Religion/Personal” section of the immunization form.
  • Please note that students who receive the waiver under this policy will not be allowed on campus in the event of a measles outbreak.

4. Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility. After you apply to use your GI Bill® (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, the VA will mail you a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility. A copy should be provided to the School Certifying official at If you need other information about your benefits, go to and use “submit a question” or the toll-free number: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551). The assistance line is open between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time, Monday- Friday.

5.  Discover how affordable your Midland University education will be.


For questions, please reach out to Midland University’s School Certifying Official, Amber Fuehrer.
• Email:
• Phone: 402-941-6516
• Office: 2nd Floor of Anderson in the Registrar’s Office

Financial Aid Opportunities

Scholarships for Military Members and Dependents

There are many outside scholarships available, and many are based on the branch of service you served. We highly encourage you to use a scholarship search program to assist in finding these types of scholarships. Below are links to a few of the many possibilities:

For more information about scholarships for specific military branches, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Phone: (402) 941-6520

Military Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance is a Department of Defense program. The program is not administered or monitored by the VA. 

Tuition Assistance rules vary by branch of service and vary between different units within the same branch of service.  Visit your Base Education Center and talk to an Education Service Officer (ESO) about why you want to attend college.  Your ESO can give you the essential paperwork regarding your tuition assistance (TA) and advise you on your eligibility for any military education benefits.

Based on the majority of current tuition assistance policies, the military’s tuition assistance program pays up to $250 per semester credit hour and a personal maximum of $4,500 per fiscal year, per student.  Selected military Reserve and National Guard units also offer a tuition assistance program, although the benefits may vary from the full-time duty program.

Students with Military Tuition Assistance will work directly with the Student Billing Office.

Yellow Ribbon Program

This program allows U.S. higher education institutions to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. Eligibility is dependent on the level of institutional scholarship funding and may not be available to some students. Students must meet eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon program as part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) (Chapter 33).

GI Bill® (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Comparison Tool

Use the GI Bill® Comparison Tool (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and compare your GI Bill benefits at approved schools, employers, and VET TEC providers. Contact Financial Aid for information regarding a Midland Financial Shopping Sheet.

I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.