Students majoring in General Business gain a broad knowledge of the business world by selecting courses relevant to their desired career path. Students unsure about which aspect of business appeals to them most may find this particular path appealing as it offers students more choice in the classes they take. This major may also appeal to someone with a specific goal in mind as they can take the most relevant courses to their desired career path.
In the dynamic and challenging world of business today, the business school of Midland University is committed to giving its students an edge in achieving sustainable success by offering them:
- An in-depth and rigorous program built around helping our business students analyze, communicate and lead at a high level.
- Faculty mentoring designed to help students make the step into the professional world.
- Practical, real-world knowledge from a faculty with strong business experiences and active practitioners in their field.
- A vibrant and growing business student organization, PBL, has won numerous regional and national awards and helped its members network across the country.
- An in-depth and successful Internship program that gives our students valuable work experience coupled with an excellent field of contacts for jobs after graduation
Midland University’s General Business major prepares students with the tools to succeed in a wide range of careers. Some career opportunities include:
- Business/Corporate Communications
- Customer Service
- General and Operations Managers
- Management Analysts
- Management Information Systems
- Sales Managers
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers
A full list of Midland University General Business courses and credit information can be found in the Academic Catalog.View the Academic Catalog