Site Search

Financial Aid Forms & Resources

Financial Aid Forms & Resources

We want to make it easy for you to fund your Midland education. Check out our financial aid forms, additional resources and glossary of financial aid and university terms.

2024-2025 Forms
2023-2024 Forms
Other Forms
Upload Documents Securely

To upload your financial aid documentation safely and securely, please use our secure documents website. If you are accessing the site for the first time, you will need to create an account before you are able to upload your documents.

Upload Documents

Additional Resources

Payment Plan Information

Midland University offers multiple ways to pay your share of your educational costs. Payment arrangements are required by the first day of classes for both the fall and spring semesters. You may choose one or a combination of the options.

University Costs

The costs listed on your financial aid offer are estimated costs. Final costs are typically approved in the spring and will be included in your first bill which will be available to you in the summer.

Parent Plus Loan Information

The PLUS loan allows a credit-worthy parent to borrow to cover a student’s educational costs. Parents can use their FSA ID to apply for the loan at after April 1.

Private Loan Information – FASTChoice

Midland University encourages families to exhaust all of their Federal financial aid options before considering a private education loan. Students and parents are free to seek educational loans through any lender they choose. FASTChoice helps you to determine the right loan for you and your family.

International Student Resources

The International Student Resources page is a guide for students interested in joining Midland University from abroad. Our trained professionals are also here to provide you with personalized support and connect you with important next steps.

Work Study

Midland University offers on-campus employment, also known as Work Study, to all students. Getting started is simple; you just need to apply for a position through Handshake on Midland University’s Career Studio page and be hired by the position supervisor.

Typical work assignments range from three to seven hours per week. In addition to providing additional finances, on-campus employment provides students an opportunity to gain professional experience with positions offered in administrative and faculty offices, the library, residence halls, and campus maintenance.

International students applying for work study positions will be required to obtain a Social Security Number once offered a position. Please connect with the Career Studio for directions on this process. To start you may go to this site

Glossary of Financial Aid & University Terms


Midland uses an electronic medical records system called the Athletic Trainer System, or ATS, to track basic health information for all students (including non-athletes).

Costs (of an object or action)

Require the payment (of a specified sum of money) before it can be  acquired or done.

Enrollment Deposit

Payment that confirms a student’s intent of attending Midland University and reserves a position for them in the entering class.

Entrance Counseling

A mandatory process that is intended to help borrowers better understand the responsibilities that they will be taking on with federal loans. The goal is to lower the rates of delinquency and default in student loan borrowers. Required for all first time federal loan borrowers.

Federal Loan

Two types of direct loans are available to undergraduate students. Annual loan limits are based on the student’s grade level. A loan origination fee is deducted from the amount borrowed and is determined by the United States Department of Education. Repayment begins six months (grace period) after the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. Interest is fixed for each loan each academic year  as determined by the U.S. government. Find the latest loan rate information at

Federal Verification

Students and families may be selected by the federal government to verify the accuracy of the information reported on the FAFSA. If you are selected, you will be notified of the steps and documentation needed to complete this process.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This need-based grant is available to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need, with highest priority going to Pell Grant recipients. Award amounts range from $100-$4,000.

Financial Hold

A type of restriction imposed by an institution as a result of a student not paying their fees in full.


A sum of money given by a government or other organization for a particular purpose. Usually based on need; does not need to be repaid.


A thing that is borrowed, especially a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest. Some student loans are based on need, while others are not. The amount borrowed plus interest must be repaid.

Master Promissory Note

A legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. Required for all first time federal loan borrowers.

Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG)

This grant, funded by the State of Nebraska, may be available to Nebraska residents who are eligible for Pell Grants or have substantial financial needs. The maximum award amount is based on available funding and legislative guidelines. As a general MU policy, these grants are usually less than $1,000.

Parent Plus Loan

Credit-worthy parents can borrow up to the cost of education minus all other financial aid offered to the student, including outside scholarships. The funds are received electronically by MU and are credited directly to the student’s account. Repayment usually begins 60 days after the second disbursement, which means most families begin payment on the loan in late March or early April.

Payment Plan

An interest-free plan with a $30 set up fee that provides students with the option to make 4 or 5 monthly payments during each semester to pay off their balance due. Payment plan arrangements must be set up by the 1st day of class.

Pell Grant

This need-based grant is available to undergraduate students with the greatest financial need. These amounts are updated every year and if you are eligible, funds will be on your Financial Aid Award. Visit  Federal Student Aid website to learn more about Pell Grants.

Pending FA

When the term Pending FA appears on your bill, it typically means that there is additional information that needs to be completed. Any item that still says ‘Pending’ after a month into the start of the term, please follow-up with the financial aid office to see why. Depending on the timing, it may mean that the aid hasn’t credited toward your bill yet because it’s too early, it may mean that you still need to complete some requirements, or it may be because we have not yet received an outside scholarship yet.

Private Loan

Students can borrow in their own name through a non-government loan. Students typically must have a credit-worthy co-signer since lenders assume more risk. Lenders may charge a higher interest rate, larger loan fees, or have more stringent credit requirements.


A grant or payment to support a student’s education, usually based on academic qualifications or talent, does not need to be repaid.

Subsidized Loans

Students with financial need may qualify for this loan. The federal government pays interest while the student is enrolled in school at least half-time and will start accruing immediately after the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time.

Unsubsidized Loans

Need is not a criterion for this loan. Interest will begin accruing from the disbursement date. Students may choose to let the interest accrue while in school. Additional Unsubsidized Loan eligibility may be available to independent or dependent students whose parent is denied a Federal Direct PLUS Loan. Additional Unsubsidized Loan limits are $4000 each year for freshman or sophomores and $5000 each year as a junior or senior. Midland University recommends that students make interest payments to the lender during this time.

VA Benefits

Students utilizing Veterans’ Affairs benefits should start the process as soon as possible. More information is available here: Once the student receives their Certificate of Eligibility for VA Benefits, please email a copy to Amber Fuehrer-VA School Certifying Official (SCO) at . The student cannot be certified until the VA SCO has received the student’s Certificate of Eligibility.

I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.