Education Studies (Non-Certification)
This major is intended for students who may not meet the expectations and requirements of the traditional education major. This degree does not lead to teacher certification in the state of Nebraska. It is only available to students after careful consideration with a student’s academic advisor and the Dean of the Walker School of Education. A career utilizing this degree could allow a candidate to seek employment teaching at an agency or other institutions that do not require Nebraska Department of Education Certification. This includes, but is not limited to, the YMCA, churches, museums, national/state parks, daycare centers, etc.
- Small class sizes
- Experienced, approachable faculty
- On-going Praxis Exam support
- Field-based experience during the first semester
- Partnerships with public and private schools across the area
- Observing and teaching in multiple schools/classrooms throughout the program
Students should be able to complete this major along with one additional endorsement in a traditional 4-year program. Click here to view a list of endorsements available.
A full list of Midland University Education courses and credit information can be found in the Academic Catalog.View the Academic Catalog