Site Search

Third-Party Evaluated Learning

Third-Party Evaluated Learning

Student Application for PLA: Third Party Evaluated Learning

Students who have completed learning programs through another organization may be considered for transfer credit.

Considerations for PLA: Third Party Evaluated Learning

College-level work completed and evaluated by a recognized third party may be accepted for college credit. Students must earn a passing score on the required artifact (exam, portfolio, etc.) in order to be granted transfer credit.

Official test scores, transcripts, or similar reports should be submitted to the University Registrar who will make the final determination of the appropriate credit. Graduate coursework must be evaluated by a qualified designated individual who will inform the University Registrar that the student met the minimum threshold.

Awarding PLA: Third Party Evaluated Learning

Credits will appear on the student’s transcript with a grade of TC (Transfer Credit). Transfer credits do not calculate into the student’s grade point average. Students may not earn duplicate credit.

Awarded credit will appear on the student transcript. Students that have been accepted into Midland University may view the applicability of their transfer credit to their degree via the Degree Progress Audit in the student portal.

Published Guides/Third Party Evaluated Learning

Standard guides such as the American Council on Education (ACE) National Guide to College Credit for Workplace Training, the ACE Military Guide for Joint Services Transcript (JST), and the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) may be consulted. Additional examples of Third Party Evaluated Learning are the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification, and Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate. Essentially, these are certifications and defined learning programs that can be easily verified for content and rigor.

Students should submit official certifications and/or transcripts to the University Registrar ( for review.

I Accept

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website and you agree to our Privacy Policy.