Student Application for PLA: Standardized Tests
Students completing standardized tests may submit official test scores for review before credit can be awarded.
Considerations for PLA: Standardized Tests
Midland University will award Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) for verified nationally recognized standardized tests. These exams include, but are not limited to:
- AP: The College Board Advanced Placement Tests (AP Course Equivalencies)
- CLEP: The College Board College-Level Examination Program (CLEP Course Equivalencies)
- DSST: Formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST Course Equivalencies)
- DLPT: Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT Course Equivalencies)
- IB: International Baccalaureate (IB Course Equivalencies)
- UExcel: Formerly Excelsior College Examinations (UExcel Course Equivalencies)
- Midland: Midland University developed Challenge Exams
Awarding PLA: Standardized Tests
Students must earn a minimum score on the respective test in order to earn credit.
Credits will appear on the students transcript with a grade of TC (Transfer Credit). Transfer credits do not calculate into the student’s grade point average.
Students may not earn duplicate credit for AP courses that are also college dual enrollment courses.
Process: Standardized Tests
Official Test scores should be submitted to the University Registrar who will make final determination of the appropriate credit.
Awarded credit will appear on the student transcript. Students that have been accepted into Midland University may view the applicability of their transfer credit to their degree via the Degree Progress Audit in the student portal.