Talent, meet opportunity.
Employers Connecting to Midland Students Through Handshake
An exciting opportunity awaits Midland University students as the Career Studio announces its plans to shift from College Central to Handshake as its main job board. Employers are now connecting with Midland University on Handshake, and Midland students will be invited to activate and build their Handshake profiles on November 20th.
Handshake is a career management system that partners with schools and employers to give students access to their most opportunities. Handshake works with the top employers, including all Fortune 500 companies, to recruit students and give them access to jobs and internships not available anywhere else.
Through Handshake, students will be able to create their own profile and find internships and jobs that are a good fit for them. Students can filter and search through job roles based on their interests, and discover new career possibilities. Recruiters will message students directly with event invites and job opportunities.
Midland is dedicated to providing students with the best opportunities to grow as young professionals and reach their career goals, and Handshake is a tool Midland is proud to offer as a great resource.
“We are thrilled to offer Handshake as our campus job board, and look forward to using Handshake’s many features which benefit students, such as: appointment scheduling, virtual events, streamlining the internship application process, and gathering and reporting outcome data,” said Connie Kreikemeier, Executive Director of the Career Studio.
Students will be sent an email on Friday with details on how to activate their Handshake profiles.
Why use handshake?
- Jobs and internships for every student with any major (in Fremont/Omaha/Nebraska, national and international).
- Set up a Saved Search. In the Job Search section, enter job filters such as the Remote Opportunity label.
Click Save Your Search at the top of the Job Results. Edit your notifications for email, in-app or text options.
- Over 200 events (including new virtual employer events each week) put on each semester!
- Personalized feed and custom recommendations for you.
- More than 20,000 employers eager to connect.
- Community of students and alumni to help you every step of the way.
- Go to the Q&A tab and click Explore to see thousands of Q&A from other students and new grads.
- Read Job and Internship reviews for the companies you’re interested in. Want a glimpse into the day-to-day life of an intern? Or the inside scoop on the interview process? Find reviews right on Employer Pages on Handshake.
- One-stop shop for all your career-building needs.