Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics
About the MS-BIA program:
The Midland University MS in Business Intelligence and Analytics degree teaches students how to mine, interpret, and build the communication techniques to convey data insights into strategic decision making.
Years or 16 months
100% Online, 8-week courses
Transfer up to 40% of the degree total
Next Start Date:
Connect with an Enrollment Specialist
Our practical, hands-on program focuses on integrating external and internal sources, data, and factors to analyze and recommend strategies in a variety of business disciplines, including marketing, operations, organizational effectiveness, and more. Leveraging industry tools and applications, this program equips students with technical and professional skills in the competitive analytical field. A central focus in this program is the ability to learn the analytical methods and, more importantly, the critical skill of communicating those insights to organization leaders and stakeholders to build and lead strategies.
Students in the MS-BIA program will learn to:
- Mine, prepare, manage, and evaluate data to meet business needs
- Represent data visually in a way that is helpful to management and aids in decision making
- Advise stakeholders on the selection and interpretation of predictive models and forecasts for strategic decision making
- Develop operational insights and leadership to bring data to life and influence all levels of the organization toward better data-driven decision-making
- Synthesize technology and data science to further the organization’s goals
The Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics combines analytics and professional business skills to gather and manage data, apply analytical tools and methods, and create insights to make evidence-based decisions. You will gain the tools needed to create data-driven strategies that can be applied throughout all levels of businesses and organizations.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for market research analysts, computer and information research scientists, and related professions are expected to grow at a much faster than average rate through the year 2031. Earning a Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics prepares students for careers such as:
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Digital Marketer
- Financial Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
Midland University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60604-1411. Midland University has been accredited by the commission since 1963. Accreditation documentation may be viewed upon request in the Office of the President.
- Midland University, Opportunity Education Help Tanzanian Educators Earn Certificates
- ‘Endless possibilities.’ Midland University Celebrates 140 Years of Academic Success
- Midland University MBA Grads Named to Midlands Business Journal 40 Under 40
- Midland University Online Honored with Omaha Choice Award