Upcoming Alumni & Giving Events
Alumni & Giving
The Office of Institutional Advancement has received generous financial support from alumni and friends. Most often gifts are made by cash or check, where the College immediately receives the entire amount. Midland also receives deferred or planned gifts, those in which the donor has deferred the College's receipt of the full value of the gift (as in a gift through a will), or where the donor has reserved some benefit from the amount given (for example, a life income). Planned gifts are often designated for the endowment, as in a scholarship fund.
Various tax laws encourage charitable giving. Among the tax benefits are: a current income tax charitable deduction; avoidance of capital gain tax for transfer of long-term, appreciated assets; and avoidance of estate taxes on assets transferred for the planned gift. Each type of planned gift has its own tax consequences, but each of them helps the donor pass more of his or her assets to charity and family members, instead of to the federal government.
Planned gifts vary greatly in complexity. Some are simple, one-page agreements, while others fill hundreds of pages. The links on this page will present you with a variety of planned giving vehicles.
- How can the Alumni Office serve you? Let us know by contacting the Alumni Office: fredricks@MidlandU.edu or 402-941-6054
How can you help? Refer a student!
Send us the name and info of a future Warrior! Contact: admissions@MidlandU.edu
- When visiting campus, please stop by! We’re located on first floor north in the Anderson Complex, 9th and Clarkson streets.
- Do you have the heart of a Warrior? Are you having a reunion weekend with your college buddies? Do you have multiple generations of Warrior fans? If so, we want to see your photos! Please send photos showcasing your Midland Pride to the Midland University Alumni Office by email or upload them to the Facebook page. Some photos will be selected to be showcased on our website and in future newsletters.
- Did you know there is a scholarship for legacies? The Alumni/Family/Legacy Grant provides $2,000/year to students whose sibling, parent or grandparent is or was a student at Midland (one per student).
- Questions about the PCI/Alumni Directory project? Click here.
- Lutherfest in Review