Criminal Justice Research Guide
Welcome to the Criminal Justice Research Guide. This guide is to assist students who are taking courses in the Luther College of Arts and Sciences, and can also assist students, faculty, and staff doing research in this area.
This Research Guide will provide information on the most relevant databases to search from, online periodicals we may subscribe to, and websites and open access options for this subject.
If you have questions or would like assistance with your research, please contact the Head Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Academy of Forensic Science
- American Correctional Association
- American Criminal Justice Association
- American Jail Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- American Society of Criminology
- Correctional Education Association
- Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association
- International Association of Women Police
- International Community Justice Association
- Justice Research and Statistics Association
- National Association Of Blacks In Criminal Justice
- National Black Police Association
- National Criminal Justice Association
- National Organization for Victim Assistance
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
Coverage of most academic areas including business, social sciences, general academic, and general sciences.
A large database of open access peer-reviewed journals and articles.
This database includes two Arts and Sciences collections with journals from subjects including the social sciences, education, law, criminology, history, etc.
Full-text reference works (NOLO Press publications) and legal forms.
Formerly LexisNexis, Nexis Uni provides access to more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources, including decisions of the Federal courts and the appellate courts of all 50 states.
A collection of journals providing information on psychology, psychiatry, mental health, etc.
Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis is a journal that publishes research about applications of the experimental analysis of behavior to problems of social importance.
Journal of Health and Social Behavior is a medical sociology journal that publishes empirical and theoretical articles that apply sociological concepts and methods to the understanding of health and illness and the organization of medicine and health care.
Contains statistics on a wide variety of criminal justice topics, such as corrections, courts, victims, crime types, and law enforcement.
CityProtect.com is a web-based tool developed explicitly for the purpose of helping law enforcement agencies communicate directly with the public. Uses high-impact maps, search features, automated neighborhood email alerts. Provides information for selected cities in the United States.
The first place to go to find online documents published by the various offices of the U.S. Department of Justice. You may also search the “Abstracts Database” to identify journal articles, books, and other publications that may be of interest.
Information about crime and justice in Nebraska.
Links to legislation, statistics, annual reports, e-news, topical reports, state contacts, and events relating to juvenile justice.
A nationwide compendium of statistics for major crimes as well as other statistical information.