2022-23 COVID-19 Guidance
August 30, 2022
Midland University is committed to following best practices to keep our students and employees safe across our Omaha and Fremont campuses. Midland is currently following the latest CDC guidance (updated August 2022) regarding isolation and quarantine after a positive test or exposure.
General Wellness Guidance
- Please stay home if you are sick. Stay home until you are fever free for 24 hours.
- Continue to engage in regular handwashing and hand hygiene.
- Utilize disinfecting wipes to clean common spaces you may be utilizing.
- Stay up to date on vaccinations.
- On campus, Student Health is located on Olson Student Center 2nd Floor. Students can stop in during posted hours.
- If you are experiencing an illness or symptoms longer than 48 hours, schedule an appointment to see the nurse through Student Health or your primary care physician.
- Student Health has testing available for COVID-19, influenza, and strep throat.
Reporting Positive Test Results
All Midland community members (students and employees) are expected to report any positive COVID-19 tests to ensure that we can stay proactive and offer support services as needed.
- Students: Report positive test by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees: Report positive test by emailing Jess Knoell at email@example.com
When you report:
- This will start the process for notifying your faculty that you will not be present in class.
- You will need to contact your faculty directly to make arrangements related to missed classes.
- This will also prompt outreach from Student Affairs to ensure that you have what you need to follow the expectations of isolation.
- This will prompt an outreach from Human Resources.
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- You will need to enter isolation for 5 days and may return to classes/work/activities on day 6 if you are without fever and not using fever-reducing medicines.
- If you continue to have a fever or other symptoms after 5 days of isolation, continue to isolate for a full 10 days.
- You will need to mask for days 6-10. If you are unable to mask, then you need to isolate for the full 10 days and should not return to campus until day 11.
- It is your responsibility to establish a place to isolate.
- Assistance can be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grab-and-go meal options will be available for those with a meal plan navigating any illness.
Visit this page to view previous COVID updates.