Connect with an Advisor | Application Instructions | After Acceptance
How to Apply to the MAT Program
Applications to the Midland University Masters of Athletic Training program are accepted on a rolling basis. However, we do encourage students to apply early as admissions are capped for each cohort.
Please, note: Applicants must be a junior or senior at their current university to apply.
To submit an application, applicants must meet the prerequisite criteria outlined below:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Successful completion of the following required prerequisite undergraduate courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology with lab – 2 semesters
- Biology with lab – 1 semester
- Chemistry with lab – 1 semester
- Exercise Physiology – 1 semester
- Kinesiology/Biomechanics – 1 semester
- Physics with lab – 1 semester
- Psychology – 1 semester
- Statistics – 1 semester
View the Application Deadlines page to see a list of upcoming application deadlines and start dates.
Connect with an Advisor
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 402-719-6430
1. Submit Your Official Transcripts
You must submit official transcripts from your undergraduate degree to Midland University at 11213 Davenport Street, Suite 100, Omaha, NE 68154. Electronic transcripts are also accepted and can be directed to Graduate.Admissions@MidlandU.edu.
2. Complete Prerequisite Requirements
The following are prerequisites for the program:
- Anatomy and Physiology with lab (2 sem)
- Biology with lab (1 sem)
- Chemistry with lab (1 sem)
- Exercise Physiology
- Physics with lab (1 sem)
- Psychology (1 sem)
Please, note: Students will need to have at least a C or higher in all of the courses listed above.
If you have not completed all of the program’s prerequisites, you will need to provide a completion plan for those prerequisites when you submit an application.
For example, if you are still completing your spring semester and have not received your final grades, you will need to provide a list of those classes that are “in progress.” If you have classes that you have not taken yet, you will also need to provide a plan and timeframe for the completion of those classes as well.
Once you’ve graduated, you’ll need to submit your official transcripts to email@example.com.
3. Meet Our Cumulative GPA Requirement
To meet the minimum requirements for acceptance, a student needs to have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher to be considered.
4. Personal Statement
Please provide a brief narrative describing your goal and/or philosophy related to personal, academic, professional, and service development, your interest in athletic training, and your relative background in allied health professions such as athletic training.
A written personal statement should include the following:
- Why you’re interested in the MAT program.
- How you think MAT will benefit your career goals.
- Explain your experience in the field of athletic training.
- Should be no more than two pages in length.
View an Example of a Personal Statement
5. Athletic Training Clinical Exposure Hours Log
Please include a log of your clinical exposure hours, with a minimum of 45 hours. If you have not completed your required 45 hours of clinical observation, you must submit a plan of when you will have those hours completed.
6. Review and Sign Technical and Policy and Procedure Manuals
Complete the technical standards and policy and procedure manual, outlining the technical expectations and policies and procedures for a student in this program. Then, sign off that you understand the program’s requirements and/or mark if you require special accommodations.
Then, return the following signed forms:
- Master of Athletic Training Technical Standards Form
- Master of Athletic Training Policies Form
- Midland University Master of Athletic Training Program Policy and Procedures Manual
7. Provide Two References
Please provide the contact information of two references that are either a supervisor, professor, or athletic trainer who can speak to your character and your ability to succeed in this program. Note: At least one of your references must come from an athletic trainer.
After receiving their contact information, we will reach out to your references directly with a reference form.
Master of Athletic Training Reference Form
8. Complete an Interview With the Dean of the Program
The dean of the program will reach out to you directly upon receipt of your application to schedule your program interview.
Deposit: Your $250 deposit secures your place in the Midland MAT Program, triggers your enrollment in your first courses, and is non-refundable. You can pay your deposit online or mail a check to one of the following addresses:
11213 Davenport Street, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68154
900 N. Clarkson St.
Fremont, NE 68025