New Student Registration Day06/19/13 @ 9:00am - Check-In at the Kimmel Theater LobbyThis day is meant to ease your transition into college and to get to know some key individuals on campus that will contribute to your success at Midland. Most importantly, you will meet with your adviser one-on-one to select your classes for the fall semester. Your parents are encouraged to attend, as there will be information sessions for them as well. Here is an overview of the rest of the day: 8:30-9:00 am Check-In 9:00 am Kick off & welcome 9:30-12:00 pm Advising, Financial Aid, Technology Training, Housing, Student Services & Much More! 12:00-1:00 pm Lunch 1:00 pm Wrap up If you have any questions about NSR Days, need to reschedule, or need further information, please call the Office of Admissions at 402-941-6503 or log onto www.MidlandU.edu/RegistrationDays.
New Student Registration Day06/25/13 @ 9:00am - Check-In at the Kimmel Theater LobbyThis day is meant to ease your transition into college and to get to know some key individuals on campus that will contribute to your success at Midland. Most importantly, you will meet with your adviser one-on-one to select your classes for the fall semester. Your parents are encouraged to attend, as there will be information sessions for them as well. Here is an overview of the rest of the day: 8:30-9:00 am Check-In 9:00 am Kick off & welcome 9:30-12:00 pm Advising, Financial Aid, Technology Training, Housing, Student Services & Much More! 12:00-1:00 pm Lunch 1:00 pm Wrap up If you have any questions about NSR Days, need to reschedule, or need further information, please call the Office of Admissions at 402-941-6503 or log onto www.MidlandU.edu/RegistrationDays.
• The Midland University Choir
• Our largest mixed group choral ensemble
• The Midland University Choir performs at churches, large concerts, and travels on a “Choir Tour” every other year
• A small and carefully selected mixed a cappella vocal group.
• Clef takes direction from groups that appear on NBC’s “The Sing Off”.
• Tight harmonies, beatboxing, and unique vocal arrangements.
• The Midland University Male Ensemble
• Inspired by our very own Fremont Pathfinders Chorus, our male ensemble performs at special events on and off campus throughout the year.
• Not quite Glee and not quite Show Choir, somewhere in between
• EPIC is designed for students with various majors and time availability and covers a broad spectrum of music.
• Performances at events such as: “Midland U’s Got Talent”, and the Homecoming Bash
• Students help to create the curriculum, schedule, and have a large part in the arranging and composition of each performance piece.
• Vocal Training
• Class voice and private voice lessons are a wonderful way to continue training, or develop confidence in vocal performance
• Students perform in end of semester recitals
• Individual Voice Performance Opportunities
• We love giving our cast members the chance to share what they’ve been learning. We host several performances and events where students are encouraged to share their individual gifts and talents.
• COMING SOON!
• Our students help us to lead the charge. This list is what they’ve recently shared with us that they’d like to help initiate.
• Midland University Girls Vocal Group
• Midland University Show Choir
• Song Writers Club
• Recording Opportunities
• The Midland University Band
• Our largest instrumental ensemble
• The Midland University Band performs at a variety of athletic events, concerts, and campus events
• The band focuses on a variety of music: rock, jazz, pop, classical
• The Midland University Band is made up of students who have a passion for music but love to operate in a casual atmosphere.
• Jazz and Rock Ensembles
• We are currently seeking talented instrumentalists who play the following:
• Electric Guitar
• Electric Bass Guitar
• Small Instrumental Ensembles
• Small groups are brought together and given the opportunity to perform at various special events and concerts. Winds, strings, horns, etc.
• Theatre Ensembles/Shows
• We host a variety of plays, musicals, and one-acts in which students can engage both as a performer or on the technical team
• For our current season of shows, please visit our “2012/2013 Events Calendar Page”
• Short Attention Span
• Our very own improvisational group, in similar fashion to ABC’s hilarious, “Who’s Line is it Anyway”
• SAS makes audiences laugh at a variety of special events on and off campus
• Theatre Classes/Workshops
• Various classes in acting, technical training, etc.
• Special workshops throughout the year, at times with arts professionals
• Alpha Psi Omega
• National honorary theatre society
• Individual Theatrical Opportunities
• We encourage students to explore all aspects of the theatre including: directing, playwriting, scene work, technical advancements, costuming, hair and make-up, stage directing, set design, sound, lights, etc.
ARTS Management Opportunities
• ARTS Student Leadership Council
• Peer nominated and elected, this council is tasked to represent the various groups of ARTS students.
• ARTS Tech Team
• Learn how to program a lighting board, run sound, create a set, manage a stage, or to call cues for a show. Great skills to learn and apply throughout life.
• ARTS Work Studies
• Opportunities for students to work on campus in the arts.
• ARTS Event Planners
• Student graphic designers, event coordinators, volunteer coordinators, artist relation managers, finance managers. Students who engage in planning and executing ARTS events have hands-on opportunities to develop their skills and resumes while on campus.
• The “A” Team
• This group of students is carefully cast to represent the ARTS at Midland at special promotional events in front of alumni, prospective students, and the general public. Recent events include:
• College World Series
• Channel Three’s Morning Blend TV Show
• Elkhorn Days and John C Fremont Days
• YA Summer Camp
• NMEA All State Convention
• Talent Scouting
• We have a variety of opportunities for students to share their gifts for the Glory of God, in our Savior Christ, Jesus’ name.
• Chapel Worship Team-
Meets weekly on campus
• Travel Worship Team–
This team will work closely with the Director of Church Relations and travel to various area churches to share music and the gospel.
• Westside Church Worship Team –
Westside hosts a satellite campus at Midland University on Sunday mornings and is seeking musicians from Midland to join their worship team
• Various student led worship groups –
Students can make a difference and share the gospel in ways that create large Kingdom impact!
• A dream to dance.
We are currently seeking talented dancers who would like to help upstart a Midland dance program while on scholarship for four years. Styles to include:
• Hip Hop