Saturday, May 13th | Wikert Event Center
- Graduates gather on the second floor of the Olson Student by 9:30 a.m.
- Seating is limited in the Wikert Event Center and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seating begins immediately following Baccalaureate.
- Overflow seating will be available in Hopkins Arena with a live stream of the ceremony
- The 2017 Commencement Ceremony will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- After the ceremony, gowns will be collected as graduates leave the Wikert Event Center. Student Success Center advisors will be there to assist.
- Official diplomas will be mailed 4-6 weeks after graduation
Baccalaureate will be hosted on Saturday, May 13th, in the Wikert Event Center at 8:30 a.m.
Seating begins at 7:45 a.m. Graduates are required to attend and will assemble in the 2nd floor of the Olson Student Center at 8:00 a.m.
Nurses' Pinning Ceremony
The Midland University Nursing Department will honor this year’s class of Nursing graduates with the annual Nurses' Pinning Ceremony: Friday, May 12th, at 5:30 p.m. in Kimmel Theatre.
Tuesday, Apri 18th 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19th, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 27th, 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Wikert Event Center
Financial Aid, Student Billing and Professional & Career Development Center staff will all be in attendance.
- Financial Aid exit interviews: Students should bring their 4-digit Federal PIN and last year’s notes; plan on 30 minutes.
- PCDC: Update on your job search
- Student Billing: Confirm payment and outstanding bills
- Mailing address update
- Learn about graduate programs
- Register as alumni
- Cap and gown pick up
Note: There is a $100 fee placed on all graduates’ accounts whether or not students are walking in ceremony.
This assessment is required of all graduating Seniors. The purpose is to measure academic progress since Freshman year.
- Opportunities to take the assessment begin on Tuesday, February 7th, and close on Friday, April 7th.
- Assessments will take place in the Quiz Lab. You will need your student ID. Hours are 5-9 p.m. Sunday; 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday; 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday. The Quiz Lab is closed on Saturday.
- Please allow 2 hours for completion, and please arrive at least 2 hours prior to the Quiz Lab's closing time. You do not have to set up a time.
- You will not be able to pick up your cap and gown if the assessment is not taken.
Petition to Graduate
If you are a graduating senior, you need to complete your Petition to Graduate, even if you are not participating in Commencement. Petitions can be found at my.midlandu.edu under Registrar Forms. Those students who have not yet completed the application can do so in the Registrar's Office through Wednesday, March 15.
Have questions? Contact the Academic Affairs Office at 402-941-6223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitations and Photos
Graduates who would like to order invitations and other Commencement-related items may do so at www.cbgrad.balfour.com or by stopping by the Registrar's Office.
Lifetouch Photography will capture group and individual pictures. About 2 weeks after Commencement, Lifetouch will send a link to the graduate's Midland email account with ordering information.